The internet has probably invented this already and with a better name to boot. But I don’t care. I threw this together in my kitchen late one desperate night. See I have been cutting out dairy for the past 2 months, in the hopes that it would help with my chronic stuffed nose. It’s been a rough, mouth-breathing fall and I needed dessert!
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, mine has 15g per 1/3 cup serving
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 square (1 oz) of baking chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 scoops (168 mg) of pure Kal stevia
- Pour the liquid from your coconut milk into another container for later. This leaves me with about ¾ of a can of solid coconut fat. If yours doesn’t do this… you don’t have a good brand of coconut milk and should find one with more fat. I am using the Jewel (Albertsons) store brand, which is cheap to boot. Lucky me!
- Put the coconut fat in a small food processor or in a container for use with an immersion blender. Mix until smooth.
- Melt the baking chocolate in the microwave. Mine takes 1 minute on high.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix.
- I usually add back 2 tbsp of the coconut liquid if it is too thick to mix well.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust as you see fit. Also if you really don’t like the flavor of coconut oil (I don’t!), more peanut butter will hide it.
- Portion into containers and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set. I usually get 4 ½ cup portions.
It comes out with a smooth, creamy soft fudge consistency. I cannot resist this stuff!
I am not convinced that the carb count is correct on this. Maybe it is the high fat but I don’t get a spike as I would expect from ~10g of carbs. Perhaps most of the carbs in coconut milk are in the liquid? I am not sure…